Wednesday, July 11, 2007

MY RUSSIAN FAMILY COAT OF ARMS for WOLKONSKY SURNAME




Here is a copy of the Wolkonsky Coat of Arms. Growing up I was told over & over that I had a legal right to bear and display this Coat of Arms. My Babushka told me the angel in the Wolkonsky Coat of Arms is St. Michael the Archangel and St. Michael is the Wolkonsky family patron.

Wolkonsky is the way my family spelled the name. I understand the Volkonsky spelling is even more common. In the US authentic versions of the Wolkonsky might also be spelled "Volkonskiy" or "Volkonskij"

1 comment:

Sandra said...

My name is Sandra and i live in Sweden and i am 21 years old. My parents were born i Poland but moved to sweden when they got married. We belive that we have routs in russia..my last name is Wolkonska. I beilive that we can exchange information.

If you would like to keep in touch you can send me an e-mail at justme_86_@hotmail.com