Thursday, July 12, 2007

ALLIGATOR ON OUR PROPERTY







I have several votes for Alligator, from nose shape. Some folks said Cayman too, but the animal behaved like an pet alligator.

Pics. taken by me on the Central Texas property on the creek around 10AM, July 1, 2007.

I thought he measured between 18 to 24 inches long. Now I wonder if that means he is a baby and his much bigger mother is lurking around somewhere near my home...

I wondered if I should keep my cats indoors for a while?

In the 2nd pic here he is again, hiding and peeking out from under the water while checking me out, probably seeing if I will feed him.

Within a couple of days of seeing the Gator, I talked in person with a Texas Parks & Wildlife Game warden who told me there are native alligators in Texas. Whatever you do, do not feed & leave it alone. Texas Parks & Wildlife does not want to hear about alligators unless they are threatening life or livestock. This alligator is so little he will probably not make it. Chances are this is a pet someone through out & the mother is no where near.

No comments: