Thursday, July 12, 2007

AMBER'S ANIMAL TALES AROUND AUSTIN VOL 2 or WHY DID THE BABY BOX TURTLE CROSS THE ROAD?





Updating the WILD ANIMALS I HAVE SEEN ON MY PROPERTY blog with new pictures and stories seems to be a little awkward. I will probably still update the original animal blog to record when I see new animals that I have not observed here on my property previously. But I plan to start adding the animal pictures and stories in individual chapters by date. Here we go.

June 17, 2007 I saw the 2nd turtle crossing the driveway, away from the pond on the way to drier land. This was a small turtle, maybe 3 or 4 inches across at the widest point. I successfully snapped some photos of this turtle that crossed the road. Here is a picture, Playing Peekaboo with a Tiny Turtle.

I am still not sure why the turtles are leaving the pond.

No comments: