Wednesday, July 11, 2007

INTUITION & MYSTICISM





I really need to talk about intuition before talking about cancer, otherwise the whole story will not be accurate to the experience. I am both a scientific person (I have a Mechanical Engineering degree from a respected university) & a deeply spiritual person. Both the rational & the spiritual sides motivate me to be in the here & the now, as much as possible at all times. I did act as an observing person during my whole cancer experience, the observing part of me watching & recording in my memory all aspects of my cancer to the best of my ability. But even more than that, I was struck with a precognition that I was getting ovarian cancer & a knowing that I would live. Luckily for me throughout the whole experience I had the sense I would live. Later, I would find out that my chances for living through my ovarian & uterine cancer with metastasis were less than Lance Armstrong's chances for living through his cancer ordeal. This deeply felt knowing my life would continue beyond cancer proved to be true. I am alive now & writing in this blog. I probably will never know if that assuredness I would live is something that I created from really a good subconscious & good coping mechanisms or if I was aware of something extraordinary &/or psychic in nature. Maybe that knowing is a result of some of both & more. I am not sure it matters.

No comments: