Tuesday, March 18, 2008

AMBER'S ANIMAL TALES AROUND AUSTIN VOL. 3/18/08 or WANNA PET MY LIZARD?

What kind of lizard is this?





Believe it or not one person has already tried to tell me this is a rare and endangered Texas Horned Lizard. I already knew there is such a creature as a rare and endangered Texas Horned Toad but I am not sure about an endangered Texas Horned Lizard.

This lizard surprised me yesterday by getting in the house and remaining close by me, within one foot of my feet, for several hours while I worked at the computer. I guess he was too scared to move. Luckily none of my kitties decided to eat the lizard for lunch.

This lizard measured between six and seven inches from his nose to the tip of his tail. He was the biggest lizard I have seen in the house so far. Late in the day the lizard was caught and released outside in the woods.



No comments: